Tuesday, July 8, 2014

40 Paintings in 40 Days


This year I celebrated my 40th Birthday.  In honor of turning the big 4 0, I decided to challenge myself.  I would do two things with my art I just don't do....

My challenge is to paint 40 paintings in 40 days.  Each painting would be 8x10 and of a pretty girl painted in acrylic on canvas panel.  The cost for each one will be $100.  They will be sold on Etsy after 40 days.  There will also be a book published with all 40 and maybe more...

The two things I do not do is paint small.  8x10 is miniature compared to my usual size of 36x36 or 36x48.  And I don't do a painting in a day.  I like to let the paint try, and develop the painting to its fullest.  Lots of layers and symbolism.  This challenge has required a lot of preparation and work.  So far I am on #6.  Here is 1 and I will post 2 later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment